Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Calling all Hillers

Riding a modest two-win streak and with its playoff hopes revitalized, Trinity hosts powerhouse Thomas Jefferson Friday night in a Big Eight Conference game.

Since joining Class AAA in 2006, Trinity is 0-5 versus Thomas Jefferson. Then again, so are most teams as TJ owns a whopping 35-game conference win streak following last week's 37-22 win over Chartiers Valley.

Knowing that Trinity is an active group in social media, I'd really like to hear from players this week about their thoughts on the game, but I'm trying something a little different.

A lot of Hillers are on Twitter and Facebook, so I want to know what players think about their chances, how much respect they have for TJ, what it's like to play against the Jaguars, etc. Let me know on Twitter, where you can contact me @TheMikeKovak or visit the Observer-Reporter Sports page on facebook, where a post has been created.

John Laschinsky (@John12Las) and Brandon Robertson (@BeeStinqer32) already offered assessments of why the team is ready. Jason VanKirk (@VanKirk13) talked about what makes TJ a great program. Check our their responses on Twitter.

I'm not asking for trash talk (though I'll read those too). Be thoughtful, be careful, be funny, be insightful.

The best responses will make Friday's edition of the Observer-Reporter.

No comments: