Saturday, August 21, 2010

Scouting report, Julien Anderson


Name: Julien Anderson
School: Washington
Year: Senior
Position: Wide receiver/quarterback/defensive back
Height: 6-2
Weight: 190
By the numbers: Anderson caught 16 passes for 232 yards - both totals ranked second to Bryan Thomas - and a pair of touchdowns as a junior in Washington's run-first offense. Anderson previously played quarterback for the Prexies.

"The position change was for the better," Anderson said. "My sophomore year wasn't too good. We were 1-8."

Washington finished 6-4 a year ago under the direction of first-year coach Mike Bosnic.

Players like Anderson, a starting cornerback, were a big reason why.

"I think a lot of it was just getting older," Anderson said. "I had the confidence to go out there and make big plays and that's what (Bosnic) wants me to do."

More changes ahead?: With Washington leaning toward sophomore Josh Wise at quarterback, Anderson could be relied upon for more than catching passes. With his varsity experience, the coaches may occasionally use him at quarterback.

"I hope to. It would be real fun to do a little bit of both and show colleges I have versatility," Anderson said.

Staying local: Anderson is a three-sport starter at Wash High. As a junior, he became a relaible scorer on the basketball team and he's a mainstay on the Prexies baseball team but football is where Anderson is drawing attention.

A two-star recruit according to Rivals.com, Anderson hopes to land a Division I scholarship by the end of the 2010 season.

"I hope to play for a local school. I don't care if it's Robert Morris or West Virginia or Cal," he said. "I'm just looking for playing time."

No comments: