Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Schartner to NJIT


The first Division I scholarship athlete from the Class of 2009 in Washington/Greene is Ringgold senior Emily Schartner.

Already a three-year starter on the girls basketball team, Schartner commited to New Jersey Institute of Technology, which is located in Newark and entering its third year of Division I competition.

Scharter, a 5-11 guard and two-time Observer-Reporter All-District first teamer, has scored 846 career points. She averaged 15.2 points, five rebounds and four assists as a junior.

She selected NJIT over Manhattan, Boston U and Cornell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike,
First congratulations to Miss Schartner-- a tremendous achievement!

Second, Have you heard anything in regards to Jordan Jankowski signing with the Houston Astros? The deadline is this evening (I think) and no one has had any coverage on his status in terms of signing with the Astros. I think I saw someone post on this blog a while back that he was going to get like $250,000 to sign but who knows if that is accurate. Any information would be much appreciated. thanks mike.

Anonymous said...

I doubt the amount was 250,000 for a 34th round pick.