A few things to ponder as I clear out the notebook:
1. Trinity must sure up its pass defense. If the Hillers don't , they won't make much noise in the postseason.
2. Mike Yancich looks like he could be a Division I running back.
3. Burgettstown's Dan Conley is the best player nobody knows. Granted, he's played on bad teams, but this senior running back/linebacker was first-team all-conference a year ago and he led the Blue Devils to a win against South Park Friday night. Not sure where he'll end up, but Conley sounds like he's at least a solid Division II prospect.
4. As strange as it sounds, California may be better off with Donte Valentino carrying the offensive work load than it was last year, when he shared duties with other talented players.
5. Either Kiski Area is very good (which I believe they might be), or Canon-McMillan put too much into beating Trinity two weeks ago.