Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Under par

I don't golf. Don't want to and I like to tease the people I know that do golf with the line "You're only golfing because you're too out of shape to do anything else." I do respect the sport and the people who play it, however, especially the ones that play at a high level.

Like the Peters Township boys golf team.

Now, I've never stepped foot on Dogwood Hills Golf Course, the home of the McGuffey Highlanders. No idea how tough it is or isn't, but I am impressed with the accomplishments of the Indians golf team on Tuesday.

Peters Township posted a team score of 174, one-under par. I can't recall the last time I saw that in high school golf. Grant Burkhardt, Corey Martinez and Chris Resnik all shot a one-under 34. Jon Stewart and Jon Ross each shot one-over 36. How on were the Indians? They threw out a 39.

No comments: