OK, let's get a few things straight:
1. This is a forum where complaints can be voiced, criticism can be heard and questions can be asked - within reason.
2. Readers started to complain about comments posted on blog discussions. Finally. I've been complaining about some of the contest posted by readers for months.
3. Those of you thinking it is funny to be offensive and crude, you are wrong.
4. Those of you who are too cowardly to use your name but brave enough to criticize well-respected people who devote countless hours to better the community, the time has come to start making complaints a little less personal or leave.
5. The time has come to bring the blog back to reasonable, honest, thoughtful and intelligent discussion.
The following is part of a post I wrote about 10 minutes ago:
This used to be an area for intelligent conversation.
I hope this continues to be an area for people to voice an opinion but there are a select few (and coaches know who they are) continually steering off topic, making things far too personal or just being outright offensive.
Recently, I was asked why I have taken to deleting so many comments. Well, just read what people are posting. It's ridiculous.
This blog is not my full-time job. Thus, I do not have the time to continually delete the posts of the growing number of idiots.
The only alternative is having all posts moderated by me before they hit this site. I hope we don't get there, but we are getting very, very close.
What should we do readers?