Monday, November 23, 2009

APB, Where Are They Now?

The fall sports season is officially over in these parts and high schools began practicing for winter sports (basketball, wrestling, swimming/diving, rifle) last Friday. The first play date for rifle is Dec. 7 and Dec. 11 for all other winter sports.

This week's All Points Bulletin is for Shane Tonkavitch, one of the better shooters on one of the best teams in California High School history.

Tonkavitch played four years of varsity (one for coach Don Martin and three for Steve Luko) and, as a senior, joined the 1,000-point club. A shooting guard, Tonkavitch provided the perfect complement for forward Rick Cope as California advanced to the WPIAL Class A semifinals and PIAA quarterfinals in 2003.

Anyone knowing Tonkavitch's whereabouts is urged to contact The Varsity Letters.

1 comment:

Shane Tonkavitch said...

Mike, it's Shane, a buddy of mine saw your post and I figured I'd give you an update. After high school I attended Hiram College in Ohio where I played baseball for 4 years. I graduated in May 2007 with a BA in Communication. Upon college graduation I started working for Keymarket of PA as a promotion director at Froggy 94.9. I have just finished my Masters Degree from Cal U in Sport Management and Athletic Administration. I was laid off on July 31 due to the economy and am currently looking for a job or going back to school for my teaching degree. I am the assistant middle school basketball coach at California Middle School with my former coach, Steve Luko as the head coach.