Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Michigan football recruit faces backlash for posted picture

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) — Logan Tuley-Tillman insisted he didn’t think it was a big deal when he posted a picture on his Twitter account of him burning an envelope from Ohio State.
The Michigan football recruit found out otherwise.
“It’s been kind of crazy,” Tuley-Tillman said in a telephone interview Tuesday.
The highly touted offensive tackle from Peoria, Ill., has committed to the Wolverines’ 2013 recruiting class, and posted the photo Saturday.
“I wanted to do it and send a message because people kept saying I was going to flip to Ohio,” Tuley-Tillman said. “I don’t know why they sent me that letter when they know I’m committed to Michigan. I don’t like the state of Ohio or that school. I can’t wait to play them.”
Tuley-Tilman was picking up on Brady Hoke’s penchant of referring to the rival as Ohio, not Ohio State, since taking over college football’s winningest program in 2011.
NCAA rules prohibit Hoke commenting on recruits until they sign a letter of intent.
Hoke, though, has said he isn’t a big fan of social media when it is used for sharing personal thoughts and pictures for all to see.
Wolverines offensive line coach Darrell Funk, according to Tuley-Tillman, has been in touch since the inflammatory picture heated up one of the best rivalries in sports.
“He told me to be careful,” Tuley-Tillman said.

No comments: