Tuesday, March 1, 2011

APB, Where are they Now?


That last time Fort Cherry girls basketball was this good, a group of seniors led the Rangers into the 2005 PIAA Class AA playoffs. Fort Cherry finished 23-6 that year and advanced to the second round of the PIAA tournament before losing to North East (District 10).

Much like the current Fort Cherry team, the state qualifier had size, skill and strong play from the point. The Varsity Letters is issuing an All Points Bulletin for former Fort Cherry point guard Maggie Mucha.

In her final scholastic game, Mucha scored 16 points and earned All-District honors as a senior. She went on to major in pre-med at Allegheny College.

Anyone knowing of Mucha's whereabouts is urged to contact The Varsity Letters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

married living in florida.

Anonymous said...

It is always interesting receiving texts and calls from back home informing you the local papers are looking for your whereabouts!

After graduating FC I did go on to attend Allegheny College in Meadville, PA, where I graduated with a BS as I majored in biochemistry, minored in psychology, and was pre-health based. GO GATORS!

I then attended Duke University School of Nursing, where I graduated this past December with yet another bachelor's, this time in nursing.

Currently, I happily reside in Raleigh, NC where I work full-time as a RN, BSN in the surgical/trauma ICU at Duke University Hospital. My future plans are to continue with my education and training, specializing in the acute care field.

In terms of FC basketball, I am very thankful to have been able to share such wonderful seasons and memories with the extraordinary women that made up our team each year and the extraordinary coaches I have had the opportunity to learn from and play under. I credit much of my success as a student and professional to principles instilled in each of us players through involvement in the program.
THANK YOU coaches and BEST OF LUCK ladies in the playoffs!

-Maggie

mike_kovak said...

Thanks for taking the time Maggie. Congrats on all your success.