Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The beautiful game

Anyone who reads the O-R might have an idea that I love soccer. Played it my whole life from youth leagues to adult leagues and a whole lot of levels in between.

And while Friday may signify the first day of the high school football regular season here in the PIAA, it also marks the first day for soccer. In 2006, my favorite team to watch was the Peters Township boys soccer team. They were phenomenal and played at an extremely high level throughout the year.

Most of the players are back, which means 2007 could be a huge year for the Indians and new head coach Bobby Dyer, a former PT product who also played at Pitt.

Haven't had much of a chance to study the WPIAL soccer scene at this point but I can't imagine there's a better player than senior forward Shane Pruitt. And I seriously doubt there's a better finisher than Mackenzie Creehan, a goal-producing forward on the PT girls team.

No comments: